What Is Shockwave Therapy?
Have you ever experience an injury that just never fully healed? Then you might be a canidate for Shockwave Therapy! Shockwave Therapy can help with jump-starting the body’s ability to regenerate new tissue. It can also help with decreasing pain by stimulating your nerves at the site of the injury. Though the name of the treatment sound painful, it’s only mildly uncomfortable for most people.
Shockwave Therapy has been able to help patients with sports injuries like a golfer’s elbow, tennis elbow, or a pulled muscle/hamstring. Shockwave can also help when it comes to soft tissues pain like plantar fasciitis.
Shockwave therapy may be used to:
- Increase circulation around injured soft tissues.
- Break down calcified deposits.
- Stimulate cells that generate new bone tissue and connective tissue.
- Reduce pain by overstimulating nerve endings in the affected area.
Shockwave therapy has shown to effectively treat the following conditions:
- Feet - heel spurs, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis.
- Elbow – tennis and golfers elbow.
- Shoulder - calcific tendinosis of rotator cuff muscles.
- Knee - patellar tendonitis.
- Hip – bursitis.
- Lower leg - shin splints.